Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Purpose Statement

I am trying to communicate to the audience why adoption is important.  I hope that people look at adoption more because you are potentially saving a child and giving them the love and care they might have not received.  My hope for the audience after they see my project is that they will gain more knowledge on what adoption really needs and how much of an impact it has on the children.  I am writing this because my friend has 2 adopted brothers from china.  They are both disabled, one with polio and the other with severe learning disabilities.  This story has impacted me because I can see how happy the boys are with their family.  I realize how much of a better life they have now just because of my friend and her family.  The best possible outcome for my project would be for someone to even consider looking more into adoption and helping out a child in need.  The worst possible outcome would be for no one to learn anything or be impacted by my project.  Informing people about adoption will help society in a whole.  There are many abandoned and abused kids that need a home, so adoption is extremely important in this world.
Some characteristics that my audience should have is that they like children, they are somewhat thinking about wanting children or adding to the family, caring and understanding, loving, they should have a desire to help a child in need, and overall they should be a good person.  When my audience views my project I think there will be a lot of emotion running through them.  I think this because obviously adopting is a huge life choice.  You have to think about a lot of things before you can fully decide that you want to adopt.  I think if I can share a personal story about how adoption has changed someone I know then the audience will feel more connected to the project.  The characteristics that are most relevant to the purpose is that they like kids and that they have a want of helping kids.  I don’t necessarily think they the audience has to be thinking of starting a family or adding to a family because just being informed about adoption can help change a lot of things in the world, even if someone doesn’t actually adopt.

The project can take place at any time.  There is not a certain time this information should be shared because it is something that can take place any day, any month, and any year.  The project should be placed for people to view on either an adoption blog or website.  Also the project should be shared on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.  This project is something that I personally think should be viewed everywhere because it is such an important topic.  When viewing this the audience should either be at home or somewhere comfortable surrounded by family and friends.  Also another place this project should be placed is at a movie theater as one of the ads before the movie plays.  There the audience will be with a loved one sitting in comfortable chairs so they will feel comfortable while viewing this project.  Time and place shape the audience’s expectations because personally I think people take more in when they are with friends and family and when they feel comfortable.  If the audience was sitting on a hard bench all alone I don’t think they would get as much out of the project because they were in an uncomfortable setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment